Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
[CLOSED PR] Construction Worker rebalance
Should Construction Worker get EVA access? How about Mechanics access?
-
Both. EVA and Mechanics can be pretty important for any build of function.

Should some textures in the Floor/Wall planner be removed? Which ones if so? If they are to be removed, should there be a way to get more? If so, how?
-
I do not find any texture necessarily wrong in and of itself. If a Construction Worker spams the station with ugly tiles it is up to security to deal with it; in my opinion.

Should Material Shaper be removed from Construction Worker toolkit?
-
Was that the thing to build glass and metal stuff with in a different way?
Kinda strange but I do not care that much about this.

Should RCD-D capacity be lowered?
-
Hell no. Construction Workers cannot spawn as antags and are given a more creative tool for large projects. Keep it in; but job-ban folks who abuse this power.

Should RCD-D deconstruction costs be raised to regular RCD levels?
-
Nope. I got plenty of cool building spots on Cogmap 1. South of the AI chamber a large basketball court or even south-west of it with a room extending to the south. It is not unusual for me to remove up to 10 reinforced walls until I can even begin the main floor of my build.
Removing all those walls by hand would push the building time I am used to from 20-30 minutes up to 40-50 at least.
More cost also implies more problems when doing the floor, the doors, the walls.

Should Construction Worker have one or two 50 unit cartridges?
-
Two.

Which of these should Construction Worker with: space/diving suit, jetpack, and/or magboots?
-
Space/ diving suit and jetpack.
Magboots are not that important for building outside - - - in space - - - in my opinion.

(12-06-2020, 10:57 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I think we should rebrand the job as "Contractor" and break their tools up across loads and orderable items.

Have sheets of carpet and wallpaper they can order from, that are just applied to surfaces to retexture them. Price them based on how exotic they are. Make them removable, maybe with specialty tools like carpentry hammers or saws.

If a person takes the job they get a bunch of materials  and tools for free, or they can visit QM and buy crates of materials.

I think it would be fun to have "specialties" where one contracter is focused on doing the floors, another the walls, a third on building new parts of the station, etc

I like your idea. I think a job like contractor should be something else. Way more decorate-focused and less building a lot of rooms and getting many large project-like-things done.

Applicable wallpaper sounds fun, add some extra decoration to those crates or their starting items - like different lava-lamps. Some figurines or throphies. Flavor items to decorate stuff with.

I would rather see this as a different type of gimmick job that might spawn on the station as one of them random jobs.
This would be a great addition for anyone working with the construction worker or interacting with players on a smaller scale like decorating the Captains room or the bar.

Carpenter sounds like they should get access to some special wallpaper designs and floor carpets and the like - those of which are not available on the floor and wall material exchange tool of the Construction worker. Keep the content of these jobs seperate and you got yourself a nice little flavor job to join the station.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [PR] Construction Worker rebalance - by GORE - 11-09-2020, 04:27 AM
RE: [PR] Construction Worker rebalance - by Caro - 11-09-2020, 05:45 AM
RE: [PR] Construction Worker rebalance - by mbc - 11-09-2020, 11:32 AM
RE: [PR] Construction Worker rebalance - by GORE - 11-09-2020, 11:54 AM
RE: [PR] Construction Worker rebalance - by GORE - 11-09-2020, 04:31 PM
RE: [PR] Construction Worker rebalance - by GORE - 12-06-2020, 04:51 PM
RE: [PR] Construction Worker rebalance - by Caro - 12-08-2020, 02:08 AM