Poll: Should RP have antag caps?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
75.00%
15 75.00%
No
25.00%
5 25.00%
Other
0%
0 0%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
RP antag ratios are fucked, maybe add antag caps?
While I generally agree that the antag amount has been really high on RP servers, I don't agree with the limit of 2 antags sub 30. The roleplay heavily suffers with a ton of antags, but it can also end with Security not having anything to do all shift. I've been recently playing a ton of Security and while yes, it can get busy, sometimes entire rounds can go by with the antags all being new or not doing anything. Aft's idea of some sort of metric seems like the best bet, but that requires effort and might not happen. I'm just afraid of setting the limit too low, but I'm not against testing it out first.

I feel like a simple limit would to be add 1.333 (rounded down) antags every 10 players. For example 1-10 would have one, 11-20 would have two, 21-30 would have four, 31-40 five, 41-50 six, 51-60 eight and so on. And of course adjust based on antag type. Maybe tone back changelings spawning in pairs usually. Usually Security spends all round dealing with one changeling while the other silently kills and escapes on shuttle. Same with vampires. I think there should be a limit of one of each of those per round, or at least per 40 players. Of course this might still end up with way too many antags, six for 41-50 could end up with 10+ with thralls and syndie borgs. 1 antag per 10 could work just as well!

Messages In This Thread
RE: RP antag ratios are fucked, maybe add antag caps? - by Varali - 11-14-2020, 04:09 PM
RP antag caps - by nefarious6th - 11-13-2020, 06:31 PM