Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
[CLOSED PR] Construction Worker rebalance
(11-09-2020, 05:45 AM)Gogorow Wrote: The problem I always had with construction worker, despite me liking this role is how off it feels compared to the rest of the jobs. It's pretty much the only role that starts with an equipped spacesuit and a jetpack, and on top of that, a special RCD that feels like an admin-only item (15k capacity is just absurd)

It's not the only role that needs a full space suit set to do their job but it's the only one that gets special treatment, which isn't really necessary imo. A space suit is easily obtainable via mining fabricator, for instance.

However, I think that EVA access would be a good compromise and I'll happily give it to conworkers if you find the lack of spacesuit as an issue.

EDIT: Actually I think this is a good idea and I'm gonna do it right now

I don't mind this as a solution.

I think the greater issue that we're all trying to poke around with CWorker is that it's kind of shoved into the Main servers when it wasn't intended for that; now we're at a juncture where it's developed into an actually appreciable role to have, but still doesn't fit in the grander scheme of things because it's originally from a different gamemode.

FWIW, I'd also be happier with EVA access that trying to fish around for a suit in mining (no access) or engineering (may not be any suits depending on map type/how many others are using them); if trying to secure a full suit takes me 10 minutes between departments and materials wait times and all, that's 10 minutes I'm not building something. I don't think the EVA suits get over-used too often EXCEPT as "overflow-engineering-space-suit-storage" anyways, so I don't imagine this being too much of a strain on the limited suits there. EVA access also means that I can go and grab the suit when I need it, and can optionally not pick it up since there's no rush to get it before materials are out/it's gone. At the very least, you'll get a little better tracking on if a CWorker did use EVA then go off to do something griefy because now they leave prints and all that.

I know I've been vocal on CWorker PRs; I love the role. I recognize the same problems that a lot of other people have pointed out. Thank you for taking the time to scale it better to keep it fun and creative, but ultimately, fair and fitting.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [PR] Construction Worker rebalance - by GORE - 11-09-2020, 04:27 AM
RE: [PR] Construction Worker rebalance - by Caro - 11-09-2020, 05:45 AM
RE: [PR] Construction Worker rebalance - by nefarious6th - 11-09-2020, 06:26 AM
RE: [PR] Construction Worker rebalance - by mbc - 11-09-2020, 11:32 AM
RE: [PR] Construction Worker rebalance - by GORE - 11-09-2020, 11:54 AM
RE: [PR] Construction Worker rebalance - by GORE - 11-09-2020, 04:31 PM
RE: [PR] Construction Worker rebalance - by GORE - 12-06-2020, 04:51 PM
RE: [PR] Construction Worker rebalance - by Caro - 12-08-2020, 02:08 AM