Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
[CLOSED PR] Construction Worker rebalance
Not a fan of this. Seriously not a fan.

Construction workers breaking into the armory for no reason are ahelpable as it is; you know?
Look - the suit, jetpack and boots are necessary to build new rooms out there in space.
I have build so many shops by building new rooms and even then one might fall short on RCD resources.

Besides the added mechlab access I think this is a step in the wrong direction and kinda defeats the purpose for a role to get started building.
Hell - with no EVA access you can't even get a new jetpack unless you ask for EVA access every round or just never build in space to expand the station. It is a nice addition; but in my opinion going against what made Construction Worker so great.
Toning down the construction of rooms and changing the layout of the station for a fresh experience.

This kinda forces players to just work inside the station and not do large room expansions.
Ahelp those that abuse the RCD, but please don't ruin this job by making it harder to build something sweet because of some bad apples.

I also don't think that removing these textures accomplishes anything but make life harder for those wanting to creatively engage with others on station.

Hell church? Not anymore!
Meat station? Probably never again.

The deconstruction buff is also a huge deal.
Look.
Sometimes to expand the station you have to RIP some walls out, place an airlock and then a good 50-100 floor tiles - to then build more walls.
Lowering the RCD cartridge amount and removing this buff will most likely leave me to spent all of my RCD charges on not getting anything done.

And your reasoning that this will stop break-ins into the armory?
Laddie; 200 charges are still enough for that.
Hell - a clown with a toolbox is enough for that.

So not only do I think that the reasoning for this changes falls apart at the seams, but that this PR lowers the QoL features people really building stuff enjoyed for so long.

The material shaper is also a tool not often used - but I don't think it deserves to get Bwoinked.

Added engineers PDA, mechlab access and that are wonderful. Love that.
But most of the time I am too occupied building a room anyway - to really build complicated machines afterwards. I'd rather ask some mechanic if they want to work together.
Besides that I think Construction Workers do need EVA access.

Probably should also respond to the idea that this role or any other role is overpowered. Sure.
Yeah.
Every role is overpowered.
Give someone a stun baton or a chem-making-laboratory and they are set.

This feels like another power-balancing discussion going down the: Should the Captain be removed from Traitor role; lane.
In all honesty - if someone griefs with this job you know for a fact that they are either innocent, a changeling has ate them or that they are mindslaved.
There aren't many other scenarios.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [PR] Construction Worker rebalance - by GORE - 11-09-2020, 04:27 AM
RE: [PR] Construction Worker rebalance - by Caro - 11-09-2020, 05:45 AM
RE: [PR] Construction Worker rebalance - by mbc - 11-09-2020, 11:32 AM
RE: [PR] Construction Worker rebalance - by GORE - 11-09-2020, 11:54 AM
RE: [PR] Construction Worker rebalance - by GORE - 11-09-2020, 04:31 PM
RE: [PR] Construction Worker rebalance - by GORE - 12-06-2020, 04:51 PM
RE: [PR] Construction Worker rebalance - by Caro - 12-08-2020, 02:08 AM