menthol
cold_medicine
antihistamine
ipecac
booster enzyme
Simethicone - note: why is this a medical chem
Directed Nanites
Ammonium Bicarbonate

As for the idea itself, I'd this this would be very neat for a QM purchasable item rather than being a standalone function for swiping any and all hyposprays as a medical director. 

There is inherent balance issues as Aft has pointed out with inject amount and this would not be limited to the MD but anyone with MD access. 30u of Halo/Morphine all at once is uhhh.. not desirable. There isn't really a short cooldown btw and if there is, it's fairly negligible.  The MD should absolutely spawn with an advanced hypospray, that would be A-OK. Think the Advanced Hypospray being for "Advanced" medicine, rather than a straight upgrade from the hypospray.
On your other point, I also don't think the stimulant (i.e: Meth) in a hypospray is that big an issue. It's a fun way of injecting yourself and it has genuine combat uses. On the contrary, I think it'd be fun to include weird stims into the standard hypospray, like aranesp.

So to recap:

1. Advanced Hyposprays, 3x pack. Purchasable at QM. 2500-3000 credits. Med Dir locked.
2. Advanced Hypospray has a max injection of 5u, but has a longer (3-4 sec) cooldown than the standard hypospray.
3. Med Dir spawns with an Advanced Hypospray.
4. Advanced Hypospray has the following list of chems:
  • All of the medical chems on the wiki (which includes the ones in the OP + stuff like hunchback, triple citrus, Yobihodazine)
  • Beer (can be cooled and injected at 1u amounts for neat poison cure)
  • Chocolate (can be heated and injected for neat n cheap cold resistance)
  • Bilk
  • Milk
  • Formaldehyde (for corpses)
  • Cryostylane
  • THC (food buff uses, primarily for stoner botanists)
  • Holy Water (BLEH!)
  • Pure Hugs / Pure Love

Messages In This Thread
RE: Testing the waters - expanding hypospray whitelist with MD access - by Sundance - 10-27-2020, 07:08 AM