Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
Make doors more difficult to hack
As per the last thread that I made on this, I felt a tiered approach would be best here without ruffling too much feathers. Balance is important. 

Tier 1
Civilian + maint doors: 

No change, exactly how they are currently.

Tier 2:
Engineering/QM/Research/Medical:

Reinforced panel. Screwdriving open takes ~5 seconds. Screwdriving closed is instant. Pulsing/Snipping takes ~2 seconds. This is done on a progress bar. 

Tier 3:
Command/Security:

Secured Panel. Same as Tier 2, with additions. Command and Security have unique wire coloring (one for Command, another for Security, i.e: both different). 

This unique wire coloring could be extended to AI, in that it's not the same as Command.

Balance mumblings:
This changes the tactics of someone armed with hacking tools without severely penalizing the current meta. If you want to hack quickly into the Bridge for example, trying a random door isn't going to effective anymore, you'd want to try some other door, such as EVA or the RD's door if you want to know which wire opens what. Same would go for Security, you'd probably want to try a Sec outpost.

For hacking quickly into other places, youd try that random maint as normal, Tier 2 only punishes the absolutely brazen hackers who don't give a shit because if they don't know the wire then they might be fiddling on the front door of medical to the point where someone will smack em' or yell for security.

Tier 1 remains the same and this is good. This means someone who wants to go in and out quickly may not opt for the front door, but the back one, using their brains and know-how of the map.

Messages In This Thread
Make doors more difficult to hack - by vampirate - 10-22-2020, 10:05 PM
RE: Make doors more difficult to hack - by Erev - 10-22-2020, 11:52 PM
RE: Make doors more difficult to hack - by Caro - 10-23-2020, 01:20 AM
RE: Make doors more difficult to hack - by Erev - 10-24-2020, 06:31 AM
RE: Make doors more difficult to hack - by Sundance - 10-23-2020, 03:56 PM