Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Timelock for Vice Officer and/or Detective?
There's sort of room for both interpretations of vice officer? Like, you're just a trainee still learning, so your superiors task you with handling minor crimes like drugs and poisoned food where the criminals are generally nonviolent. In that way, you get police experience, but in a pretty low-stakes area where if you mess up, it's unlikely anyone (including you) will lose your life.

But you know, it's not really reflected in the mechanics. You don't get, like, a reagent scanner for analyzing foods and drinks for toxins or some sort of container for holding massive amounts of drugs. And you do get a lot of the same security officer stuff, like sec pouch and token, so you're sort of pushed into being sec-officier-alt--alt uniform, alt access somewhat, though Vice Officer and Security Officer share a few access levels. Plus, with the name, "Vice Officer", most people think "Vice" as in "Vice President" rather than "Vices and Virtues", as this thread shows.

Like I said originally, I think Vice Officer should be same timelock as Security Officer, because as I explained above, it feels more like a reskin of Security Officer. But I would be okay with it being lower if they lost their token and got less weapons in general and/or got rebranded into a "newbie Sec" role (whatever that may involve).

Messages In This Thread
RE: Timelock for Vice Officer and/or Detective? - by Studenterhue - 10-14-2020, 07:33 PM