Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Timelock for Vice Officer and/or Detective?
Yes; I second Chayot's and Sundance's idea with the retractable baton/different gear. When I'm Vice Officer, I don't want to handle things like chasing a changeling and I don't want other officers to expect that of me; I think pretty clearly not having Sec gear is a good way to get that across, both to the person playing and to the people they're playing with. Nothing I shrink from more than Sec officers telling me to get geared up to help them antag hunt as a Vice Officer.

I guess I have to also agree with Gogorow too; the Security timelock needs a bump or translation into hours. I was asking a little about it in the RP channel the other day after a disastorous round, and almost went ahead and made a thread to see people's thoughts on bumping the Sec timelock up because I just keep hearing it from the Main servers and RP1 in Discord. I figured at 40 minutes a normal round on Main, a bump to 20 rounds playtime would be around 3.5 hours increase in playtime before being able to play Security. I don't think that's unreasonable. I didn't end up posting the thread because it didn't seem like anything that the people complaining the other night in the RP channel sincerely wanted to open up to discussion. I also wasn't sure because it just felt so soon after the addition of the timelock, but because we're talking timelocks here again, I figured I'd float this by too.

Thanks!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Timelock for Vice Officer and/or Detective? - by nefarious6th - 10-14-2020, 12:48 AM