Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Sec Taser Alternatives
Yee, I see what you are doing. You want to split up the sets so that there's "equipment" "ranged" and "melee". I'm down for this, it would be a decent change that would encourage some mixing.

I'll point out that the current sec weapons have an alt mode, so it'd be good to see that too.

TheMaskedMan2 Wrote:A Tranq gun that shoots haloperidol or some other chem, but it only has 1-2 shots before needing to be recharged.

I'm liking the sound of this lil' tranq gun. I think Halo is a bit too weak for 1-2 shots, especially considering the fact if you miss a shot. Mixing it with Morphine so that you have a Halo / Morphine cocktail of 1:1, 10u or 2:1 10u/5u might be groovy here without being too OP.

This would be great paired with the "Support" class with the morphine/donut combo, you could shoot someone and then tag them with a morphine autoinjector to knock em out. 

The alt mode could be "Wake up" shot of Smelling salts + Synap cocktail. Morphine would have to be added to the list that Smelling salts flushes out for this to work as desired. This again, would be great for support, as you can shoot others if they've been neuro'd / penned / the nerd you knocked out with morphine or if you want to give your cohorts a stamina boost.

My suggestion would be a pepper spray / paintball gun (Riot rifle? Name pending). How this would work would be:

Main mode:
Burst fire of 3 shots of "capsaicin plus" infused pellets. 
Each pellet contains 5u of "capsaicin plus" which inflicts a TOUCH reaction.
Can be shot 5-6 times RATATAT'ing at targets, but the battery cannot be swapped out (totaling 15-18 bullets)
The "capsaicin plus" differs from ordinary capsaicin. It completely ignores mask wearing, but does not cause blindness (think about it being embedded in the skin).

Reasoning: Burst fire modes are fun and capsaicin is debilitating without causing daze effects. Wielded in the right hands however, it's just as robust as a Taser. Pairs well with the riot belt.

Alt Mode:
Single shot of a paintball.
Can be shot 5-6 times, wasting same capacity as the main mode, but without any burst fire. 
The paintball colors the target similar to being painted and also causes luminescence.
This cannot be cleaned off by normal means. It does go away on its own after a period of time.

Reasoning: Shoot crimers in the dark. Crimer now lit up like the 4th of July.

Messages In This Thread
Sec Taser Alternatives - by Frank_Stein - 09-26-2020, 05:04 PM
RE: Sec Taser Alternatives - by Studenterhue - 09-28-2020, 12:57 AM
RE: Sec Taser Alternatives - by TheMaskedMan2 - 10-07-2020, 01:56 PM
RE: Sec Taser Alternatives - by Sundance - 10-08-2020, 05:13 AM
RE: Sec Taser Alternatives - by Wisecrack34 - 10-08-2020, 05:45 AM
RE: Sec Taser Alternatives - by aft2001 - 10-08-2020, 08:26 AM
RE: Sec Taser Alternatives - by Adhara In Space - 10-08-2020, 10:17 PM