HoS Application - Gunnar Gustafsson (Slazzy)
Slazzy is one of the better RP secoffs I've ever played with, and he's an extremely positive security influence on the RP1 server. Every shift I've been on with him, either as his superior while a HoS/NTSO or just one of the rabble causing him grief, he's been absolutely stellar with fair sentencing, use of force, and just being fun as hell to play with. He's always trying his hardest to make sure everyone on the security team is working together while also helping teach new secoffs how to play the job well. Basically any shift that you see Gunnar in a sec role, you have very little to worry about when it comes to the security team.

Just in case that isn't enough of a recommendation, I'm going to share a story about the first time I played with Gunnar as Sec. On Oshan I joined fairly late into the shift as the NTSO, and was met by a bunch of people yelling about how I needed to go and talk with Sec about various Bad Thingsā„¢ they had been doing. I put on my angry face and stomped over to Security to find a prisoner brigged without a headset, and nary a soul in the department. Cue me yelling over the Sec channel about how everyone needed to get their asses over to Security to talk, and the only peep back I got was from Gunnar sounding super worried about what was going on. I ended up finding him in the HoP's office trying to get a headset for the prisoner, while all of the other Sec team scattered away from me like like a bunch of scared mice.

I started on my tirade about brigging practices and stuff without realizing that this poor guy was the ONLY secoff trying to hold the Security Department together and deal with other officers being rude dudes. We then went back to the brig together and it turned out the prisoner HAD a headset, it'd just been sitting under the covers on his bed. I'd scared poor Gunnar so badly when he was actually trying his best to fix a shitty situation and assume all responsibility, yet he still took my lecture like a champ even though I was the first NTSO he'd probably ever seen, and it'd been my fault for missing the undercover headset in the first place. The rest of the shift was basically me feeling like a complete and total tool while watching and helping Gunnar deal with the complete lack of other reliable Sec and being more and more impressed by the way he handled himself.

So yeah, huge +1 from me and I really hope he gets the beret.

Messages In This Thread
RE: HoS Application - Gunnar Gustafsson (Slazzy) - by makkipakki - 09-30-2020, 04:24 AM