Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Sec Taser Alternatives
So these ideas seem pretty alright at first blush. bee

To add my own idea to the table, kyle sometimes mentioned wanting to do a "energy lasso". I dunno how he wanted to do it, but if I were to make it, I think I do it like this:
Under the hood, works like a gun. If you hit someone with the lasso "projectile", they're roped in.
Once they're roped in, you can click on them in-hand to pull them closer to you. Mashing it makes it go faster.
While they're roped in, they can't move away from you. But they can mash movement buttons to try to escape. Alternatively, they can be strong enough to break the lasso or cover themselves to oil or something to loosen the lasso's grip.
Also has a whip/flail end. Instead of pulling people towards you, it pushes them away. So if you're trying to capture one person in a crowd, you rope in the perp, and while you're pulling them in, you use the other end to keep away people trying to interrupt the capture.
Can use the lasso when it's off, but it's more effective when it's on.

Semi-serious idea: cup of "coffee" that splashes a cone of chems that confuse and slow movement. Works best with the bundled iron donut that knocks people down if you're below a certain speed. (And both are stronger if you dip the donut into the cup.)

Messages In This Thread
Sec Taser Alternatives - by Frank_Stein - 09-26-2020, 05:04 PM
RE: Sec Taser Alternatives - by Studenterhue - 09-28-2020, 12:57 AM
RE: Sec Taser Alternatives - by TheMaskedMan2 - 10-07-2020, 01:56 PM
RE: Sec Taser Alternatives - by Sundance - 10-08-2020, 05:13 AM
RE: Sec Taser Alternatives - by Wisecrack34 - 10-08-2020, 05:45 AM
RE: Sec Taser Alternatives - by aft2001 - 10-08-2020, 08:26 AM
RE: Sec Taser Alternatives - by Adhara In Space - 10-08-2020, 10:17 PM