Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Economy Rework Part 1: Wages and Vending Machines
(09-07-2020, 07:22 AM)Mouse Wrote: I find myself hurting for money as a staffie, particularly if I latejoin and the payroll is already gone.

That's actually a really good point. Latejoiners are almost always short of pocket and if we're going down the route of cash is king, it's something we should consider.

I feel latejoiners could be subsidised (NB: completely separate to the payroll), calculated as such:

(Starting pay) + ([Base pay] X [Amount of Payroll] / 3)= Subsidy.

So if we use the  Pubbie example of 100 creds per payroll and it's been 5 payrolls then you get the following:

(100) + ([100] X [5] / 3) = 100 + 166 = 266 credits.

This simple math would effectively mean that all latejoiners would automatically spawn with 1/3 (when compared to someone spawning at round start) of their allocated funds already in their bank. 

This additive effect separate to the budget also means that latejoiners actually secrete money back into the station economy!

EDIT: The number 3 was just plucked out of thin air and could be changed to lower or higher depending on balance.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Economy Rework Part 1: Wages and Vending Machines - by Sundance - 09-07-2020, 08:04 AM