Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Economy Rework Part 1: Wages and Vending Machines
Yeee, economy rework is something I've been wanting for a long time, this has my full support.

There's not much I can really offer idea-wise unless I really see what is on offer in terms of vending machines. For me, it's less stratifying the price and giving players items that they want, or need. Why would I want a DD burrito, even on the RP server, outside some vague chemistry usage / brewing? It's literally poison.

There's a serious item bloat on the station and I think that's one of the major issues. Taking stuff and putting it behind paywalls / vending / markets will ruffle some serious feathers, even with the best intentions. Personally, i'd let the haters hate in that instance, players are far too used to their little meta and it's good to shake things up. To give an example, one could put a medi-vend instead of medipacks in areas where civilians can access. And those wall mounted fire/oxy/medical storages? It could cost 100 credits to unlock it.

I'll point that there's another big hurdle and that's how easy it is for someone with AA to make money completely and utterly irrelevant by stealing the budget. Bedspread analogy applies here so I feel tackling in this thread is not the correct time here, but i'm just throwing it out as it's the elephant in the room.

tl;dr: Economy good, vending items need is as important as price, bloat and AA a big problem to consider.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Economy Rework Part 1: Wages and Vending Machines - by Sundance - 09-07-2020, 05:02 AM