Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
When the nuke is armed, shuttle can't be called
(09-03-2020, 02:25 PM)Studenterhue Wrote: Shuttle works perfectly fine on nuclear rounds. In fact, game has a unique end text if the shuttle arrives at Centcomm while nuke is armed and considers it a Syndicate victory: The crew of [STATION] abandoned the station/ship while the bomb was armed! The station/ship will surely be destroyed!

Personally, I'm kinda torn. Calling shuttle is a legitimate tactic. It's not really overpowered or underpowered, and it's not like you can't counter it. But it's kinda...uninteresting. Like, imagine arming yourself to the teeth, ready to confront an army, only for the crew to just call shuttle and not even bother to fight you. Yeah, you won, but what of it? Victory was basically handed to you; you didn't have to fight tooth and nail for it. It feels unearned! And for me, the best parts of nuke are seeing the nukies and crew duke it out and snatch victory from the jaws to defeat, so to see people not even try and just call shuttle feels pretty anticlimatic.

I didn't actually know about the unique text! Neat~

What if the crew had fight or flight as more solid goals? Eg. You call the shuttle but NT has determined (say) 5 randomized items/people are vital resources and must be returned to base. They need 3 to 'win'. Getting more gives bonus spacebux. Getting under gives an increasingly worse chance each individual crew member is executed for "dereliction of duty" on arrival.

The crew now has to scramble to get everything to the shuttle while armed thugs may be roaming around. The nukies suddenly have to choose between defending the nuke, picking off crew members, or storming escape.

Messages In This Thread
RE: When the nuke is armed, shuttle can't be called - by Brixx79 - 09-04-2020, 01:40 AM