Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Modern goonstation rounds are kind of directonless
I find myself kind of agreeing with vampirate's sentiment here, validhunting really is a plague. Just yesterday, for instance, I had a round where a wizard just warped in, greeted us and then blew our asses of. So we knocked 'em down and beat 'em up a bit and I thought, "Alright, we taught them a lesson.".

But immediately after the other person said "Time to make acid glasses for next time!" and the AI asked me if it could get a law to murderize the wizard.

It's this disproportionate retribution that really leads people to powergame-rampage as antag instead of going for gimmicks, which I really think is the most boring option available. :/
Of course, I have no idea how one would fix this issue.

Maybe give antagonists that are murdered a larger chance to respawn as a minor antagonist or wraith or something? That would lead to people being less afraid of dying in their antag rounds, because they still get something out of them, and I feel like lots of people would also like to see wraith rounds more often.
A wraith appearing later into the round rather than from the start would also make it so that the wraith making people uncloneable is less of an issue.

As for the original topic of the thread, yea, lots of people want to do their own silly experiments, but I feel like I also see plenty of people that wanna do fun stuff together, especially on the rp servers. Both have a place in the game, I think.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Modern goonstation rounds are kind of directonless - by zjdtmkhzt - 09-01-2020, 06:07 AM