Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Modern goonstation rounds are kind of directonless
So here's the thing... super not fun to be antag hunted by skilled players as an antag knowing the moment you step out of line some validhunter is gonna kill you. I said a while back that shit'd kill the fun. Seems like that might be killing the fun :p. I was being a real bummer about it, but the point stood. Why try to run a fun elaborate plan or be a fun antag if people see it as a reason to flex their epeen? How long did folk suspect antags to be there to buff that epeen for em? Antags went quiet and just do pranking they couldn't normally get away with even when I was playing more reg. Can't blame them, antag started becoming a 10 to 15 minute round.

Hell I tried to suggest ways to curtail it. Not sure if they ever fixed "acid instantly kills wizards hat", but the complacency to power gamers breeds people being less enthused about antagonist roles. You gotta be able to have some fun or try something without thinking "oh the most skilled players are gonna kill me in around thirty seconds the moment I step out of line".

That's just my opinion.

That effect only becomes more heavily pronounced too with new players intimidated by the big systems of this game as well.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Modern goonstation rounds are kind of directonless - by vampirate - 08-31-2020, 10:18 PM