Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Modern goonstation rounds are kind of directonless
Mixed opinions/experiences on this topic. I feel like most people are doing their job, up until they get disturbed by antags or when they are antags themselves and leave their workplace to do their antag thing.

The apathy thing I will have to agree with and admit that I have also started to often not give a shit and rather continue my job, due to the experience that Drago mentioned.
Dying early into a round and having to wait for 40 minutes until you can play again sucks, aswell as me personally finding combat to be one of the most clunky and infuriating things in SS13.
Because of this I never play security and play roles where my fun in the rounds doesnt depend on the antags, but the job mechanics.

About the amount of antags and how antagonistic they act, I would say is a problem that comes from the amount of new players we see.
I feel like there are (atleast currently) more people that would rather try and get acquainted with the games mechanics than be shredded by an onslaught of antags, just to then watch the rest of the round without being able to participate.
Antags not doing much, well that might also be connected to the amount of new players. Are antag roles still on by default? Also antags arent forced to do anything by the rules.

I see you have been around for quite the long time, so you probably exhausted every deparment we have.
Do you usually just focus on roles or a playstyle that focusses on the acting/existing of antags being the sole cause for you enjoyment of a round?
What do you do when no antags are left to be found? Just call the shuttle, even when the round hasnt went on for over an hour?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Modern goonstation rounds are kind of directonless - by The Gorog - 08-14-2020, 07:22 AM