Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mentorhelp Suggestion
FrontlineAcrobat4 Wrote:This is called metagaming and if anyone actually does this using information from mentorhelp they should be banned for it. Nothing needs to be changed about mentorhelp because there are no issues with it
That's not the point. I'm sure nobody does act on it, but it turns said mentor's round into an uncomfortable game of play-along. Say someone accuses the guy who mentorhelped of murder and says he saw him do it. You know that this is almost certainly a completely true story. Do you act on it? Should you? Would it be shitty? Your decision will be influenced by your meta knowledge whether you want it to be or not, unless you're some superhuman logic engine. The obvious decision is to defer to someone else and go and get drunk, but again, you wouldn't be doing that - or need to do that - if the people sending mentorhelps were just numbers. It's a bit like when I play detective and spot a traitor spawning gear early with my thermals - obviously I'm not going to charge in and arrest him, but later in the round when someone wants him investigated or thinks he's acting suspicious, I already know what he's up to and I just have to twiddle my thumbs and try not to crack down too soon. It's just not a particularly fun position to be in, I guess.

Messages In This Thread