Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
More machines to the AI core.
I would definitely love making the AI seem much more like a big complicated machine, like GLaDOS, rather than a single little mainframe computer. However, I think that the AI's functions should be built into the body itself.
I think that this idea *could* work, in another way:

Cycle Points. A CP is essentially the AI equivalent of a Wraith Point, allowing you to do certain abilities. Now, everything (or almost everything) the AI currently has should be *free*, or at least incredibly cheap. What I am suggesting otherwise is additional abilities. Additionally, your Cycle Regeneration, or CR, could be determined by some machines around you - you could turn them on to increase your CR and subsequently CP, and toggle between a CR boost and CP storage boost. They would eat a *lot* of power, of course, so you couldn't use them unless the power grid is doing well.
Some possible uses of CP would be:

* Instantly restoring all APCs on the station to Automatic, intended to be used after an ion storm
* Faking a voice over the radio
* Forcing a camera back online
* Forcing your way into a machine whose AI control wire has been cut, including airlocks
* POSSIBLY overloading lights
* Making extra viewports, above the 5 cap (maybe with a hard cap no matter what depending on how laggy they are - i just want more viewports god damn it)
* Making announcements
* Locating, but not being able to track, someone with an Agent ID
* Spending a LOT of points to hack something (similar to the decay ability of wraiths, but much more limited)
* Directly controlling a bot
* Blowing yourself up in a blast similar to a maxcap TTV (for when you're very rogue and someone has taken the direct option of killing you, and you wanna take them out with you)

Of course these are all just ideas and not actual things that should 100% be implemented - the last one in particular is just something I found funny, but would also love to have actually added.

I do like the idea of sabotaging the AI so that it's basically neutered in its extra capabilities, instead of outright killing it. Even more so, I (as an AI main) would LOVE to have to manage a resource in order to do things I want to do.

Messages In This Thread
RE: More machines to the AI core. - by Erev - 07-20-2020, 05:05 PM
RE: More machines to the AI core. - by aft2001 - 07-21-2020, 11:43 AM
RE: More machines to the AI core. - by aft2001 - 07-21-2020, 01:05 PM
RE: More machines to the AI core. - by Erev - 07-21-2020, 02:06 PM
RE: More machines to the AI core. - by aft2001 - 07-23-2020, 11:17 AM
RE: More machines to the AI core. - by Erev - 07-23-2020, 04:19 PM
RE: More machines to the AI core. - by aft2001 - 07-23-2020, 08:09 PM
RE: More machines to the AI core. - by aft2001 - 07-24-2020, 01:28 PM
RE: More machines to the AI core. - by aft2001 - 07-25-2020, 05:15 AM
RE: More machines to the AI core. - by Erev - 07-25-2020, 02:23 PM
RE: More machines to the AI core. - by Erev - 07-25-2020, 03:51 PM