Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Spawn borgs and AIs for people to latejoin by default
(07-13-2020, 05:48 PM)aft2001 Wrote: Please. At least for AI's, and at least for GoonRP.

What GORE described is a big part of the issue - the fact that AI is actually a really important role. It's deemed essential, like Captain, after all, so why wouldn't you be able to latejoin by default?

At the *very* least, having it on GoonRP would make it so that people who want to play AI don't have to wait for the next round, rely on the slight chance that a roboticist has built a new AI, or awkwardly joining just to be turned into an AI. By the way, multiple times I've had to wait for multiple hours to play as the role I wanted to, which is just unfun. With latejoin, I'd know for a fact that it's possible that I could play, but without it I'd just not bother to even play.

This is a personal bias, yes, but when near every other server has a quality of life feature that we don't, you really gotta ask whether or not *not* having it is a good idea.

I don't really understand why you can't RP it to join as a latejoin AI, being sent there to be made into an AI or something?

But if we did want to do it, I think it would be fun to simply spawn an AI core with the latejoin "brain" somewhere in robotics if there is no AI on roundstart.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Spawn borgs and AIs for people to latejoin by default - by kyle2143 - 07-13-2020, 09:18 PM