Poll: How do you feel about the current state of antagonists??
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I believe there should be more antagonists.
66.67%
10 66.67%
I think the current antagonists should be changed before new ones are added.
20.00%
3 20.00%
I think that antagonists should not be changed.
13.33%
2 13.33%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Additional Antagonists/ Antagonist Changes
So this is kind of a tricky thing to solve because one of the biggest things with goon and antags is not copying other servers (for whatever reason), and that coming up with decent antags is hard, and then coding them even harder.

This said, I want to mention that we have an antagonist currently in the works: Flockmind. It's still in development but I know the peeps working on it and they'll take good care with making it a decent antag and getting it finished.

On the terms of antags we already have, most of them are ok for now in my eyes. Wraith could use a bit of a rework and rebalancing, and werewolf could be fleshed out a bit more. But there's one antag that's almost never seen due to it being a removed latejoin and admin only now. That antag is predator. I would LOVE to see this antagonist brought back and expanded upon, and think it could make for something interesting given the right care.

On the topic of new antagonists... That's where I don't really tread. The goal here is to come up with something unique that wouldn't be unbalanced or difficult to code, which is a hard balance to find. I think some of the sameness and boring repetitiveness of antags like traitors and spies could be remedied through the addition of new items that could be tied to certain departments/jobs and that would change combat a bit. Making new items that change gameplay can supplement as an alternative to making a whole new antagonist.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Additional Antagonists/ Antagonist Changes - by Drago156 - 07-10-2020, 08:27 AM