Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
cap the damage a blob nucleus can take from any one source
(06-07-2020, 07:28 AM)Technature Wrote: I came up with two possible solutions for this.

1. Put a cap on the amount of damage the Nucleus can take from a single source.  Make it so that it takes at least three or four hits from anything to die.

2. Have a grace period where the blob can respawn if killed really quickly.  If the blob is killed ten minutes in, let them spawn somewhere else for another try.

Option 1 seems like the more preferable one, as power gaming nerds can more easily wait for the ten minute mark than make four separate hell-mixes and the crew can easily kill a newer more babby blob, though I don't know how possible that is for Byond to work with.

Option 2 is already in effect, though I don't know the exact numbers.

I really think blob needs reworking with all concerns in mind rather than addressing them one at a time.

That said, I think a lot of blob problems stem from the vulnerability of the Nucleus, because it's a static object and you only have the one at first, until you get more.

I think we should be working towards addressing that, since a lot of other problems stem from it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: cap the damage a blob nucleus can take from any one source - by Frank_Stein - 06-07-2020, 09:24 AM