Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Remove captains ability to roll antag
Just chiming my old ass in here to say that is discussion between Cap n HoS is not a new thing, it's as old as time itself 

https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid...ht=Captain

(Note that's the latest thread I recall, but it goes back even further)

Its been concluded (I say concluded here in very light terms) that the HoS outranks the Captain in terms of security emergency from a crew perspective however "emergency" is an intentionally vague term, as its meant to cause friction. Friction is fun and creates scenarios of potential power struggles.

"I'm the Captain, listen to me, oh weee"
"Well I'm the HoS, I've got a gun and a beret "
"Well I've got a gun too, fuck you"
*Shooting intensifies*

But in terms of the AI itself? It doesn't really follow that protocol. It follows its Asimov's laws, and the Captain is the top dog. If HoS says "call the shuttle!" And the captain says "nah" then follow the Captain's orders. 

The only time the AI doesn't follow the Captain's order is if it's in direct conflict with the first law, i.e captain orders the AI to kill someone.  The Captain could, if he wanted to, order the AI to bolt down the HoS. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but from all my time playing, I've been in scenarios where this has happened to me and the despite me grumping audibly at the audacity of the AI and threatening the AI with retribution... The AI would following orders correctly.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Remove captains ability to roll antag - by Sundance - 05-10-2020, 11:22 AM