Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.78 Average
Remove pathology until it's balanced.
In regards to suppressants: while they are not currently tied to t1 symptoms, a health scanner does give you a pretty good idea of what it might be, even if noone in the crew knows how to use a microscope.
For instance, if the health scanner shows that a thermal suppressant is required, there are really only two options, so in that case crewmembers *could* suppress their symptoms via walking through a slightly cool or slightly hot room.
This would repress their pathogen back to Stage 3, which does a LOT to lessen the effects of pathogens. For something like a Virus (which is the most commonly used microbody) this would half the rate at which symptoms occur.
But this is also on top of symptoms taking effect less often in lesser stages, so it's actually more likely to quarter the chance or something of an effect happening.
Additionally, effects will be less severe, so you won't be able to be instagibbed by something like Gibbing, Arctic Chills, Dragon Fever, ...

It's just that these things are known by very few people, which is a problem that I am not sure how to tackle. But in these discussions I often hear the sentiment that curing pathogens is too hard, when really I feel like the issue is that very little people actually have pathology knowledge. (Even if the curing itself is pretty easy and quick.)
I feel like maybe this would be less of a problem if pathology had more ways to benefit the station, which would lead to more people actually learning pathology, which would make it more likely that there is a person that would know how to make a cure.

(04-20-2020, 10:59 AM)GORE Wrote: In comparison to genetics - pathology takes an awful long time to get anything done.
Have you tired pathology more recently? I feel like with some of the changes that Zamujasa made semi-recently, it is now relatively quick. I mean, you can't just go there and have laser eyes in 2 minutes like genetics, but with some experience you can usually whip something good up in 10-15 minutes.

TLDR: I feel like pathology needs more beneficial stuff, so people will actually learn it. That will make it easier to deal with rogue pathogens because the crew will be on average more experienced.

Messages In This Thread
Remove pathology until it's balanced. - by trerri - 04-20-2020, 06:06 AM
RE: Remove pathology until it's balanced. - by zjdtmkhzt - 04-20-2020, 11:18 AM