Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Job specific traitor objectives
mozi Wrote:the steal X$ objective as it stands is one of the boringest currently :/ The only time I had fun accomplishing it was using a hostage to extort the AI into giving the money to me. if it was a reasonable amount of $ such that you could get the cash without the banking computer (mugging crewmembers or selling traitor gear or scamming folks) it'd be more options == more fun

Totally agree.
Please for the love of god change the way people access the funding computer.
Here's an idea, it's a bit convoluted but think about it.
[Image: czzppqB.png]
To unlock the funding computer (the bank isn't it?), you require either:
A) The pins of all the heads present.
B)The approval from sending them a page. The page basically beeps the Status Controller cartridge on the PDA (that conveniently all heads have), you get a message "Access to funding, approval required". Click the message and from there you can enter in your pin via PDA, which syncs up with the bank.

Why I think this is a good idea:
1. It's easy and straight forward. You enter your pin in, then you request that other heads do the same, and all they need is their pda. The wonders of modern technology
2.No more someone siphoning the money without other heads knowing about it. I'm not talking on a steal $X amount, but the captain ripping all the money to go spend it on some shady space dealer.
3.If one of the heads present was pda bombed, then you can still log in by entering their pin. Either they can do it, or if it's urgent they can just tell their pin
4. Here's the more interesting part: How do we rob the bank? Hostage situations come to mind. Capturing a head and beating their pin out of them. Or murdering and impersonating the HoP (voice changer is essential) then paging other heads. A changeling could access bank funds with ease.
You will then clash with other traitors who have objectives to kill a head target, which makes it even more interesting.

I had this idea written down for a while, it's been sitting in my SS13 folder for ages. I can't think of any other way that'd make stealing money objective more fun, all the while making the bank a little harder to crack than just HoP access.

Messages In This Thread