Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Gang Mode: Gang Item Rewards Thread
I was making some headway on gang so I thought I'd update as well as ask for help. My current immediate plan for gang, which I have most of the foundations finished, is this (It's not in production yet):

- Rework point generation. Capturing turfs is way more important now. You gain points over time. Every 30-60 seconds, the game will count the areas your gang controls and give you points for them. Since points now are worth something in-round, you'll want to expand and protect your gang turf.

- Let Gang leaders decide their gang's clothing. They'll be prompted on round start to select their two different gang items, the jumpsuit and headgear slot item. But since two gangs can't use the same gang uniforms, the gang leaders will have to be quick or else their first choice might be taken.

- Gangs can spend the points that they earned at the gang locker for weapons and other items. The whole gang shares the same pool of points so they should work together, especially since they technically are supposed to follow orders from the gang leader.

- Gang themes similar to letting gang leaders choose clothing, they can also choose a theme for the gang items they can buy. Currently I have these themes: "Street Gang", "Old-timey 30's US Gang", "Kung Fu Gang", "Japanese/Ninja Gang", "Country Western Gang", "Space-Age Gang", and "Miscellaneous Gang". There can be more of course, but those were all I could think of offhand.

As far as the last 2 points. I've aggregated the ideas posted here as well as some of my own in a google doc to keep better track of what was proposed. I posted a share link to the doc below, but I'll also add other replies in this thread to the doc. I'd like to get a large wealth of suggestions because items are relatively easy to make and I'm hoping to do a lot of reskins of existing items with slight tweaks for these gang items.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XOGt...sp=sharing

Messages In This Thread
Gang Mode: Gang Item Rewards Thread - by kyle2143 - 08-28-2019, 01:00 AM
RE: Gang Mode: Gang Item Rewards Thread - by kyle2143 - 10-31-2019, 11:44 PM