Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AI Law Numbering Precedence, and how it can be unfun
(05-11-2019, 10:51 PM)ZeWaka Wrote:
  • Put the ruling ingame somewhere. It says this nowhere, and can be confusing to players who haven't read every inch of the wiki.
  • Provide clarification on what to do in the case of multiple laws overriding each other.
  • Allow custom law numbers to just avoid this whole scandal of not being able to override the override.
  • Provide alternate means to reset the AI via new game mechanics.
  • Revert the ruling and go back to AI Decision Precedence (not likely, since it passed with a 2/3 majority)

I think putting the ruling in-game is a really important and good idea, as well as making it more clear how two laws overriding each other is supposed to work. I don't particularly see the need for the other three points though.

I disagree that it makes making the AI laws "unfixable" much easier than it was. I had in the past hidden all the modules (not hard because they are mostly in the same place) as a traitor and have disposaled both the AI upload computer and the AI upload board as a rogue borg. It's very easy to get the AI laws into a literally unfixable state by doing either of these things, and while the upload boards create this hypothetical situation where it's easier to do so by making law 0 override every law, I don't believe it's a significant bump up. If someone's going to destroy the nonhuman and onehuman, there's nothing stopping them from destroying every module, or just the computer for that matter.

Messages In This Thread
RE: AI Law Numbering Precedence, and how it can be unfun - by Flaborized - 05-11-2019, 11:05 PM