Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.43 Average
Do not drop items when pressing Rest
i dont know how i feel about this, i'll offer two sides that i'm thinking in my head :

AGAINST : A 'laying down' state is the game's visual language to tell you that someone cannot perform any attacks on you. For instance, you could get stunned, stay grounded, and then pull out a weapon to stun the bad guy. They wouldn't have any idea you were able to attack yet unless they counted the stun timer in their head.
It also may make RESTing under taser bolts a super dominant combat option (because there's no punishment for trying to evade the shot if you dont drop your weapon)

FOR : expands the applications of items and movement, i'm imagining situations where a doctor can play dead in order to heal their wounded crewmembers.

maybe, as some sorta compromise to my 'AGAINST' points, there could be some sort of interaction debuff while you are lying down. Weakened attacks, worsened gun aim, usage delays, etc.

also re : self surgery i made it so you can perform it while standing on an optable now, no need to do the janky rest stuff at all

edit : i was typing my post at the same time as you, looks like you offered some of the same compromises i mentioned

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do not drop items when pressing Rest - by mbc - 04-16-2019, 10:53 AM
RE: Do not drop items when pressing Rest - by mbc - 04-16-2019, 12:11 PM
RE: Do not drop items when pressing Rest - by OMJ - 04-17-2019, 01:20 PM