Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
To the GoonHub.com administrator: Your server is hacked
Quote:To explain the toxicity a little, a quick glance at the original post could make it seem like it was spam itself
It's an explanation but not an excuse. Situations like this one are the reason why I always recommend my community members to not engage with and reply to (what they believe to be) spammers - report posts to the administration but do not directly answer them. If it's a real spammer, you are just making it worse by drawing attention to their posts (and you can be sure the spammer won't be impressed by any insults), and if it's a legit post, welp, you just end up looking stupid.

I do agree that the initial post and in particular the thread title might seem a bit "harsh" but it was really urgent (so no time to add an explanation in layman's terms, I was sure the server administrator would understand instantly what I'm talking about) and English is not my first language - I'm pretty sure a native speaker could have worded it more carefully.

Anyway, In the meantime I was notified the security breach was resolved and the server can no longer be abused by spammers, so all is good.
Good luck to your community and let's hope this won't happen again. smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: To the GoonHub.com administrator: Your server is hacked - by unnamed - 01-24-2019, 02:48 AM