Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Post-Wizless RP: Let's have a Scary-Antag Role Whitelist
Personally, I don't think a whitelist would be that great of an idea. While it opens up some more antag roles and possibilities for RP, it also opens up the question of who qualifies and who decides that.

If we make it a role you have to apply for and be voted on, either by players or admins, it becomes kinda complicated, because different people prefer different playstyles and have different ideas of fun. It's not just "this person is trustworthy and knows their stuff", like for a mentor application, but more so "this person knows how to roleplay well and can make things engaging for others". It becomes rather subjective, and there can also be personal biases or grudges. Of course this is true for any application, but I think it would be even more so here.

Though, if it's just something where you have to be simply "OK", I think that would work well. Because the qualifications aren't super high, it opens this up to more players, and the process can also be more informal. But even then, it disallows any players who are joining just to grief/powergame/disregard the RP/etc., which is probably one of the larger sources of unfun-ness.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Post-Wizless RP: Let's have a Scary-Antag Role Whitelist - by Flourish - 06-13-2018, 03:08 PM