Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
Remove the Security Officer's optional goals.
(05-29-2018, 01:41 PM)BlackPhoenix Wrote:
(05-28-2018, 04:30 PM)Ed Venture Wrote: I either kill or permabrig antags if I catch them. I'm just playing the role that is Security Officer. Letting them have a unearned chance to kill or hurt more people is not what a officer should be doing. If normal players are being effected then yeah this needs to be change or the security officers doing it need to be punished harshly for it, but if it's just antags being effected then I fail to see the issue.

and most of the time if I am playing on Cog1 or Cog2 they escape with ease.

Please don’t do this thing unless they’ve been like, murdering folks or station bombing. Finding contraband on somebody and ending their round as a result is p. lame, and also doesn’t fit any definition of playing the role of a security officer that makes sense if you’re trying to argue from a role perspective. Just confiscate the stuff and throw it in the contraband crate, brig em for a couple minutes, move on imo.

I pretty much implied I don't do that unless they have killed someone or a bunch of people. It's why I said "Letting them have a unearned chance to kill or hurt *MORE PEOPLE* is not what a officer should be doing."

People in the thread were making it sound like they catch and release no matter what a antag does and I disagree and will never let a antag live if they murder. Cause they will just do it again. HOW I kill them is another matter. One example is I dress them as a clown, paint them green, Remove both arms and one leg (sometimes the butt if I feel like it) and set them loose on the station and watch as the crew beats them to death.

I've been around long enough to know when to kill someone and when to at most give a beating. I'm not someone who ruins a antag round for someone before they even get the chance to do anything. Looking at you Ai players.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Remove the Security Officer's optional goals. - by Ed Venture - 05-29-2018, 03:13 PM