Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
Remove the Security Officer's optional goals.
(05-28-2018, 03:41 PM)Technature Wrote: Maybe I'm weird with this, but hear me out.

90% of the time, the entertainment comes from antags doing shenanigans.  If those fun generators are kept in the brig, it leads to boring rounds (assuming no one comes up with a fun gimmick, which is pretty rare for non-antags) especially if they're caught early on.  While it may be possible for them to escape, it's unlikely as, one, people rarely tamper with the brig beforehand and, two, even when they do, they tend to get thrown into brigs that lead to death if they try to escape anyway (cog 1's Solitary in the main brig, for example).

This is more or less my attitude as well; taking the antagonist out of the round early by execution or permabrigging takes the drama out of the round. Provided they haven't gone on a killing spree, I usually just strip them of contraband, give them some brig time, and then keep an eye on them after they've been released.

It does give them the opportunity to retaliate, but that's what drives the round. It gives Security someone to chase around, Medical patients to treat, and Engineering things to repair.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Remove the Security Officer's optional goals. - by SimianC - 05-28-2018, 05:33 PM