Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
Remove the Security Officer's optional goals.
(05-28-2018, 03:41 PM)Technature Wrote:
(05-28-2018, 03:31 PM)Flourish Wrote: Is the confusion with what constitutes an antagonist? Are security officers permabrigging normal players who commit small crimes?

(05-28-2018, 03:32 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote:
(05-28-2018, 11:23 AM)Technature Wrote:
(05-28-2018, 08:37 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote:
(05-28-2018, 08:05 AM)SimianC Wrote: Generally they're along the lines of having an antagonist in custody on the shuttle.

I don't get what's so bad about that. It seems like it'd encourage people to try to take baddies alive rather than dead.

(05-28-2018, 12:22 AM)Technature Wrote: I've seen officers use this as an excuse to permabrig people.

I get the feeling that I'm missing the point or something because I don't understand how permabrigging confirmed antagonists could be considered bad.

Maybe I'm weird with this, but hear me out.

90% of the time, the entertainment comes from antags doing shenanigans.  If those fun generators are kept in the brig, it leads to boring rounds (assuming no one comes up with a fun gimmick, which is pretty rare for non-antags) especially if they're caught early on.  While it may be possible for them to escape, it's unlikely as, one, people rarely tamper with the brig beforehand and, two, even when they do, they tend to get thrown into brigs that lead to death if they try to escape anyway (cog 1's Solitary in the main brig, for example).

Keeping them in the brig is better than giving them a summary execution, which is usually the only other alternative if permabrigging is even on the table.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Remove the Security Officer's optional goals. - by Noah Buttes - 05-28-2018, 03:48 PM