Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
New Job: Resident Station Wizard
(05-25-2018, 11:15 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote: Isn't the chaplain's coming rework supposed to make him into a sort of divine magic man anyway?

I forgot about that, but I think it's supposed to be a good deal different from wizards. Especially since chaplain magic won't be entirely antagonistic.

My idea mostly was about making a new standard role that was kind of RP and not supposed to be a complete gimmick, but it having a bit more backbone to it than just giving them access everywhere like the Regional Director or no access like Boxing Coach.

Also, I was wanted it to be an antag free role, or something.

(05-25-2018, 11:19 AM)Eibel Wrote: Usually when I get wizard I try to be passive, do something fun like make a golem room for folks to fight/me to hide in, or make it my goal to get every head's locker and all of sec's and unlock them in the halls for the crew to loot.

Though, I do get the occasional comment or two that I'm creating a boring round because there's no one to fight technically.   I think having an apprentice wizard on the station as a gimmick role would be interesting, but how would it balance? Most wizard spells are designed to ruin you.

I said in the post, but wasn't specific. I wanted the station wizard to only have 1 or two weak spells, maybe the option to learn another after a long time. 

Like he'd get a weak magic missile that only shoots one or 2 bolts and does 50 stamina damage, but no stun. Or a blink that won't let him pass through anything with density or go further than 3 tiles.

Messages In This Thread
New Job: Resident Station Wizard - by kyle2143 - 05-25-2018, 10:34 AM
RE: New Job: Resident Station Wizard - by kyle2143 - 05-25-2018, 11:23 AM
RE: New Job: Resident Station Wizard - by Eibel - 05-25-2018, 11:19 AM