Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
[Feature] Making Spatial Tears more "fun"
(05-21-2018, 07:45 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Eh, I'm not really a fan of the idea. There's already events that create mobs, events that teleports you, and events that cause damage. Having one that does all of that feels like more of the same.

Spatial tears unique feature is pathway blocking walls. I'd rather see something that builds off that concept than just add a bunch of mobs and danger

That's fair. Personally I always felt like spatial tears were very boring since it just prevented you from going from one place to another, my idea was to sort of keep that same theme of area denial, while also not forcing you to stand still for 3 minutes when trying to get across.

And that's why I chose the random teleportation and damage, to make it suitably dangerous to cross the tear that it would prevent you from doing so if you didn't have a good enough reason. Plus I chose the part about spawning critters so there is a bit more to the event than preventing you from going where you want. And so that the event would have a lasting impact on the station much like the other events such as the meteor storm, ion storm, and radiation storm(treating people for mutation and radiation sickness after the storm has passed) Plus it kind of fit thematically in my mind: a tear in space-time, random things would pop out of such a thing. 

The thing that springs to mind that caused this was a week or so ago I was in a round on destiny or clarion where a spatial tear appeared a minute before the shuttle arrived blocking off half the station. I was trapped on the wrong side with like 5 other people, but the RD tried to come to the rescue with the Port-A-Sci and get people across one by one. But he took a while and the tear event ended before he moved half of us, so we just had to walk to the shuttle after waiting. 

I really can't think of a way to make area denial fun as a randomized event. 

Also there is no event in the standard rotation that creates mobs AFAIK.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Feature] Making Spatial Tears more "fun" - by kyle2143 - 05-21-2018, 08:16 PM