Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Keep merchants at the station, in rotation.
Something I've always noticed on Goon. Hardly anybody seems to care about money and rarely do they ever buy anything from NPC merchants. I feel like this is due to fact that unless you're in cargo or a scientist, NPC merchants are too much of a hassle to get to for the average player to care.

To address this, why not replace the merchant event with a rotation system, where a merchant is always on station, but rotating with a different one every 5-10 minutes or so. I was gonna comment about potential balance issues with the items of the current random event merchants, but in the two years that I've played on goon, I've only ever seen the wares of one, so I don't know (which kind of makes my point). If there is an issue, perhaps leave the current event merchants as random, but have a different set of merchants on rotation. Maybe give them a semi-random selection of items to sell, so that people are more interested when a new merchant arrives.

Either way, I just want something decent to spend this money on, without having to venture into an entirely different map.

Messages In This Thread
Keep merchants at the station, in rotation. - by Hikurac - 05-06-2018, 03:17 AM