Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New Chaplain abilities: Sigils and Incantations
Quote:They can be drawn on the floor as you would with crayon. Maybe require using a certain amount of blood to create it them, or perhaps you have to say some incantations while standing over them to activate them. Just something to give it a bit of a challenge.

Quote:Maybe which effects are connected to which symbol is randomized each round. Figuring out which symbols do what would be a bit of trial and error and guesswork. An ancient and horrible tome in the Chapel could give hints or provide you with the right incantations

I suggested the previous in a thread about combating the Wraith, but the more I think about it, I think this could be something to give the Chaplain more of a presence on the station: The ability to create little pockets of magic around the station. An example could be warp points similar to mechanic teleporters, or creating a tile that heals you when you stand on it.

Instead of limiting the ability to create sigils to the Chaplain, instead have it so they can plainly read from the tome that tells you how to create and activate the sigils. Other people can still create them, but will have to guess at what they're doing rather than knowing.

Sigils could easily be removed by standard cleaning, getting rid of their effects.

Messages In This Thread
New Chaplain abilities: Sigils and Incantations - by Frank_Stein - 04-13-2018, 09:55 AM