Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
[ANTAGONIST] Make Krampus 3 Unpoppable!
I know I personally bring up the pod example because it works as a pretty prime indicator/example of the core issue with Krampus, what with every nearly every round guaranteeing an immortal antagonist spawning to ruin everyone's day with nothing that could be done about it. Really it's all come together into a perfect shitstorm, the goal was to make Krampus 2.0 a useless piece of shit, But added features didn't account for an immortal meatcube that is also an antagonist that can use them rather than be useless. The moment limb removal came out Krampus should have been given chronic no-arm condition but that really just leads into the next point:

Because nobody cares about or remembers Krampus except when its being a piece of shit and dragging things down for everyone around them.

So if we have a feature thats part of a broken system, that nobody cares about or remembers or speaks of unless it's actively being shitty, was meant as a punishment for people who are no longer there, and is, in a technical sense, broken since most of the shitty things they can do are oversights or exploits apparently.

Why do we still have it.

Making Krampus poppable is a step in the right direction. Honestly, I think making him functionally similar to an AI shell without tools would be good too. No dragging. No hands. Just pushing and blocking at its own risk. But I agree that the best honestly would just be scrapping the entire spacemas cheer thing, Krampus and Santa, from normal rounds because the flipside of the coin is almost as bad.

In the few rounds that I've seen Santa actually able to spawn, I'd say about 1/3 of them ended up firing laser guns at people who weren't antagonists. Having Santa spawn if you're an antag is a massive game changer, as most of the time it ends up that you now have to deal with a captain who's immune to cold, armed, can teleport, and can generate murderchems to poison you who is specifically out for you probably because you killed them.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [ANTAGONIST] Make Krampus 3 Unpoppable! - by Xeram - 12-23-2017, 08:12 AM