Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
[ANTAGONIST] Make Krampus 3 Unpoppable!
(12-22-2017, 09:17 PM)Huff H Law Wrote: You guys are really bad at arguing your point. Can someone explain to me in as much detail as they want to why they want a gimmick that was made on a whim with the purpose of creating fun and having some sort of new thing for holiday spice become a constant presence for every holiday period from now on?

I really do not understand - mainly from what I've skimmed from the posts in this thread from the people who seem to want want to keep krampus. Their reason being, well, after reading the posts it genuinely seems like the main argument behind wanting Krampus to remain is "He's been here for the last year." As I read the posts I don't recall ever seeing a single poster on the side of Krampus remaining an unkillable thing actually offer any legitimate reasons why - they seemed to think it was already obvious why and just wanted to offer suggestions on how to do it.

That's really not good enough, sorry. If the people that really like Krampus could please post again, explaining what they like about Krampus, and why they think the game is better with Krampus in it, they are welcome to do so. Maybe if they have a convincing argument something would change - but given that mainly the reason behind wanting no change to happen here is fueled by some kind of anger, especially from Nate - so maybe there isn't actually any convincing argument to be had?

Please do tell in this thread, there's always next year after all, perhaps Krampus can come back?

Because when you do something long enough, it becomes a tradition. Traditions are a part of a shared culture and identity. Krampus, in my mind, has become a part of the Goonstation experience. It's something that reminds you that you're home.

Is Krampus annoying? Yes. Not all traditions are positive, but that doesn't mean they don't have value. Krampus serves as a yearly symbol of the kind of bizarre humor of the server is known for, and is a manifestation of all the grief that people inflict on each other condensed into a fleshy hate cube.

It's antics are condemnable, but it serves as a dark mirror into the nature of the players and is a reminder that we should all treat each other with more respect. There's no way to fight Krampus at it's own game. You can't out grief the manifestation of grief. You can only beat it by being kind, and helping your fellow spaceman. 

It's a powerful symbol, and by changing it you diminish the message. By removing it, you remove some of the soul from Goonstation.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [ANTAGONIST] Make Krampus 3 Unpoppable! - by Frank_Stein - 12-22-2017, 10:03 PM