Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Restocking vending machines...
(11-21-2017, 05:14 AM)Vitatroll Wrote:
(11-21-2017, 03:04 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote:
(11-21-2017, 02:01 AM)Vitatrol Wrote: On the actual topic; eh. I'm not sure what that's meant to accomplish?

...It keeps the vending machines stocked
damn you just told son

No seriously, what brought on the suggestion? What machines need it? Right now they act as limiting factors for otherwise annoying-to-get items. If you want more you have to grind or ask QM.

I mean I'm all for making QM as redundant as possible, but I always get stankface'd for that suggestion.

What brought it on was first thinking about the usefulness of credits, then thinking about a larger thread idea about how to improve credits generally, and then thinking about how vending machines factor into that, and deciding to make a smaller thread first about something I noticed about vending machines inĀ  general

Namely that they can be emptied, at which point you have a hard to get rid of object just sitting around.

My thoughts about them not refilling being a balance issue are it's
Not that balanced to begin with, seeing as you can scan them and build neigh infinite amounts of machines for infinite products

QM is also incredibly bloated, and not a reliable way to get things

This also solves the problem of their being a lot of useless objects littering the station, and it's got it's open balance built in because it's timer based

EDIT:
What wrote here before came off too aggressive. I probably should have explained this all better in the opening post, and I'm sorry for that

Messages In This Thread
Restocking vending machines... - by Frank_Stein - 11-20-2017, 08:03 PM
RE: Restocking vending machines... - by Vitatroll - 11-21-2017, 02:01 AM
RE: Restocking vending machines... - by Vitatroll - 11-21-2017, 05:14 AM
RE: Restocking vending machines... - by Frank_Stein - 11-21-2017, 06:22 AM
RE: Restocking vending machines... - by Faceplant - 11-21-2017, 10:17 PM
RE: Restocking vending machines... - by Superlagg - 11-22-2017, 08:11 AM
RE: Restocking vending machines... - by Vitatroll - 11-22-2017, 09:50 AM