Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Limit or remove REV from rotation
How to fix Rev:
Remove it.

I hate to sound like a shitter but there's no way to fix Rev without completely busting the sides. Even with three revheads and a 10 minute announcement the revs could still easily group up and overwhelm the Captain, grab his stuff, and run off before there's enough time to get a counter effort going. If we nerf the revheads too hard, then it becomes "chain everyone to Cargo and order loyalty implants non-stop for two hours straight: the gamemode."

The gamemode is just very shitty at its design. It's too easy to convert people, it's too easy to deconvert people. One side gets the upper hand quickly (usually the revs, but a particularly auspicious HoS can notice whats going on within 30 seconds) and after that the gamemode either ends in 10 seconds or 10 hours due to one side stalling (i.e hiding in space or setting up heavily guarded forts in cargo/medbay/security).

If we remove Rev PDAs, then playing as a Revhead isn't fun and boils down to running around flashing people wildly until you die. If we keep them, then Revs are OP.
If we give the Heads an announcement, then that ruins the tension of figuring out its revs and the scramble - it's just a "oh it's revs guess it's time to grab my space suit" kind of thing. But if we don't, revs can go perfectly undetected and win insanely easily. There's nothing you can do about this mode without a complete overhaul, and even thenĀ Conversion-Based-TDM gamemodesĀ in SS13 suck ass - and that's exactly what this is.

Messages In This Thread
Limit or remove REV from rotation - by Ed Venture - 09-27-2017, 04:11 PM
RE: Limit or remove REV from rotation - by misto - 10-03-2017, 03:26 AM
RE: Limit or remove REV from rotation - by Tincan Man - 10-03-2017, 09:09 PM
RE: Limit or remove REV from rotation - by Roomba - 10-04-2017, 05:43 AM
RE: Limit or remove REV from rotation - by Wire - 10-08-2017, 08:50 AM