Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Katana Might Be A Little Too Strong!
From my experience fighting Samurai Jiggles and his Seppuku no Microbombs, the katana is hellish if they get the drop on you, but, like the c-saber, is almost trivial to counter (IF they're only using the sword!). Slip or stun or stimsegway into them, and they drop their sword, giving you the perfect tool to finish them off. The fact that it's a melee weapon is its biggest downside and, if you know how to pre-click, your (second) greatest defense.

One time, I stunbatonned Jiggles by clicking on him while he was out of range, then quickly moved next to him as (what I think was) the click-buffer registered by command. Sure, he could've done this to me as well, but that's the danger of melee combat.

Now as for the weapon itself, it is really on par with the c-saber. Delimbing people is much more effective than straight up brute damage, since even if they survive somehow, they'll be fucked until medbay can stick their arms back on. That, and bleeding really does a number on us spacefolk.

While it's part of the high-ish risk--super-high reward aspect of powerful melee weapons, it's utility and reliability make it kinda OP. Instead of lopping off a limb of your choosing, maybe it could have a high chance of removing something else. Randomly slicing their butt off, or their hair, or cutting their eye and leaving behind an anime scar; whereas the c-saber excels in pure murder, the katana could be great at leaving your mark on people, in addition to murdering them, like a more playful c-saber.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Katana Might Be A Little Too Strong! - by Superlagg - 09-25-2017, 07:59 AM