Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chemmunity: a collaborative chem project where no suggestion is too dumb
Oh man, I just worked with this chemical in real life, and could probably be translated to SS13, though it'd need some work.

This will almost certainly be rejected because it's too damn complicated, but maybe one day a coder can add it.

Isoamyl acetate (Alternative name: Isopentyl Acetate); Simple name: Banana Flavoring

In real life, this compound is produced by bananas, and has an absolutely intense banana smell (along with flavor.)
Quick online research also suggests that bees (!!) use it as a pheromone to attract other bees to sting something.

Recipe: 1 Acetic Acid (Vinegar) : 1 Isoamyl/Isopentyl Alcohol : 1 Sulfuric Acid. + Heat (I'm not actually sure how much heat. 100-200 Celsius feels like a safe bet.)
Note: Isoamyl/Isopentyl Alcohol doesn't exist in SS13, and would need an analog chem, or be added to the game.

Produces: 1 Isoamyl Acetate/ Banana Flavor : 1 Sulfuric acid
Note: Sulfuric acid is needed as a catalyst for the reaction, but is not consumed by the reaction.

Effects:
-When added to food and consumed, makes it taste like bananas. (Flavor text.)
-When present inside a person, they feel like bananas, for some reason. (More flavor text.)
-Higher doses present can overwhelm. (15+ Units) (Flavor text becomes unpleasant, maybe tint vision yellow)
-When injected and in quantities equal to or greater than 10+ units, bees will become aggressive towards the individual until the internal dosage falls below 10 units (sounds like a pain to code.).

-Special: When a clown consumes or injects this chem, they become EXTREMELY high.

Final detail: In real life, the crude chemical is actually yellow colored. Perfectly fitting, if I say so. That said, the pure substance appears to be clear.

So, here's your Sisyphean, banana flavored nightmare to try and code.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chemmunity: a collaborative chem project where no suggestion is too dumb - by Mageziya - 09-21-2017, 01:52 PM