Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Any chance of Securi-borgs making a return?
(08-17-2017, 03:28 PM)Technature Wrote: The only thing I find annoying with borgs that play security (when I'm not an antag) is that most people don't seem to think that they can deny an order when they can (I think correct me if I'm wrong I'd rather it be here than from an admin in game thank you).  For example, I got a message from the other cyborg that we could contain him as long as he didn't ask to be let out, while I rationalized that we could use his history of human harm to say "I believe that you will hurt people if I do that, so I'm not going to" (you can still follow it of course, since opening the door doesn't cause IMMEDIATE human harm).

It's kind of funny to take advantage of this as an antag (more than once I was able to tell a Borg to hide in a nearby locker until I left despite it being common knowledge that I was fucking shit up that could cause human harm), but I'm sure it's really annoying to the crew when a cyborg assists a wanted serial killer because they asked it to really nicely.

I mean, the original point of Asimov laws were that they weren't rock solid and could be subverted many ways, so finding loopholes is a integral part to the AI/Borg experience IMO.

You can use law 1 a lot, but another great thing is the phrasing of law 2 allows anyone with a higher rank to override another order as long as it's law compliant. If you lock a dude up, all you need is a Sec officer or Head to tell you to ignore them and you're fine.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Any chance of Securi-borgs making a return? - by Frank_Stein - 08-17-2017, 03:54 PM