Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Any chance of Securi-borgs making a return?
(08-17-2017, 05:07 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote:
(08-17-2017, 02:45 AM)NateTheSquid Wrote:
(08-17-2017, 02:13 AM)UmbraDrake Wrote: Wait, what's this about a borg patch?

https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid...#pid100945

thats the summary. long story short, noah the code god was making a patch until the curse of goonstation kicked in and he got shot, decided not to continue but I think atamus is continuing it? i forget

It's actually amaranthineapocalypse that's working on it now.

Paging amaranthineapocalypse. Anyway, i'm cringing at some of these responses.

Locker and welder? Great so you want to permabrig people?
Hoot + flash powder? You do know that this was changed so cyborgs are effected by them, because certain players were being powergamey as fuck?

Secborgs are not a bad idea, it's always down to the how it's implimented.

The brobocop is a good example of a secbot. Why? Because it literally has 0 offensive abilities, it would actually function worse if it was one-humaned over the other modules, due to lack of the aforementioned offense. It has a wifflebat, which if you recall back to your childhood, is a neon colored foam bat. Good luck beating someone to death with something that has no damage.

It all boils down to this, Noah and I saw eye to eye on this and noted that a secbot has particularly terrible and salty connotations. Brobocop would be it's slightly more piss stained cousin, who aids existing security, but for the most part cannot act as security due to the plethora of law conflicts that would arise. You need only look at their tools to get an idea of what was had in mind.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Any chance of Securi-borgs making a return? - by Sundance - 08-17-2017, 07:01 AM