Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Hopefully not terrible cog1 security redesign
(06-14-2017, 04:56 AM)ferriswheel1 Wrote: The one thing I really like about Cog1's security was the large area outside the podbay and genpop, which was very handy for stripping and processing crimers. It has a bench full of medical stuff for prisoner treatment, and a handy chair for strapping guys into to be searched.  I'd like to see some sort of open area for prisoner processing, with a large amount of space essential to avoid accidental bumping and breaking pulls. Perhaps the port-a-brig could have it's home set here?

A proper brig medical closet/station would be nice as well, with the outer door accessible to doctors. A couple of medkits and a surgery area is all that'd be needed, and a morgue chute located somewhere in sec would be darkly hilarious.

Ultimately, that's what I think the interrogation room should be used for and why I think it should have a direct path from entering sec, this room, and then the brig.

You take someone in, remove what they have, ask them a few questions, then move them on into the brig.

(06-14-2017, 02:26 AM)babayetu83 Wrote:
(06-13-2017, 11:23 PM)Sundance Wrote: Ewww don't start. The reason behind "nobody" using the brig in cog1 is because it's terrible.
It's been concluded in threads of last that security HQ should be encourage all forms of gameplay for security. This is what I was trying with this design, which took influence from mushroom, cog1 and cog2.
..removing the brig honestly panders to nobody and is ass cancer. So quit with the obvious chip on your shoulder.

I welcome any suggestions to improve the current design, but bear in mind of working within the current dimensions of the brig. When I superimposed it, mine went 2 tiles into the west maint, while one tile east into the hallway. This is workable, and I designed the placement of the doors with that in mind. 
Also I really don't think the visitor thing is necessity.

the brig on either map is almost always a ghost town. beyond that you are seeing what you'd like from my previous message.

while i find no fault with your design other than it being much too big, i'm a bit skeptical of a few things like the plant trays. unless you plan for people to be permenantly detained in there i just can't see it being used much. the rec room is a bit superfluous as well

Plants offer a few escape options

You can grow cash crops for paying your bail, or you can try to whip up something with the right chemical cocktail to give you an edge.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hopefully not terrible cog1 security redesign - by Frank_Stein - 06-14-2017, 07:59 AM