Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Hopefully not terrible cog1 security redesign
....Hmmmm

Moving the HoS room to where the original podbay was (as in the current redesign, I actually shaved off a bit of space) is not a bad idea as it allows for a bunch of space, although it removes his direct access to the bridge. This was never necessary however.

I'll try incorperate your suggestion today. I would need to start toying around with it, such as extending west maint up a little, pulling the parole room back a bit. I'd have to reverse the brig, so that it's mirroring its current form, due to the fact they've swapped places with the control room.

My top concerns (and the main motivation of the redesign) is making the genpop:
1) Functional for officers, not going to fuck them hard like the current brig
2) Functional, but difficult to escape, having at least 3 methods of escape
3) Functional, giving obscure things in the brig that prisoners can either take advantage of to fuck up officers, or use to distract themselves with while their time runs out.

Having a visitor room threads on 2), as it opens it up directly to the hallway. Putting crystal glass, tables and alarm would negate this, but also having a lockdown function that locks down not only the brig but the visitor room (trapping the visitor who may be breaking out the prsioner) could be an option.

To reiterate, all options are on the table once we incorperate these concerns. So more suggestions are welcome

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hopefully not terrible cog1 security redesign - by Sundance - 06-14-2017, 01:19 AM