Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the engine pipes are horribly broken
The pipes don't bug out and become invincible when they rupture, that's just silly. They leak their contents at a certain rate while still maintaining some gas flow inside the pipe too. If the pressure somehow gets ludicrously high, ruptured pipes are probably just leaking too slowly to counteract steadily-rising million+ kpa levels.

Also I dunno why you're stressing how horrible and bad it is to have a large number in a goofy game, it's pretty funny to see this happen. We've already established that the toxins mixer regularly operates at several times the temperature of the sun, the station should be a dispersed cloud of white-hot steel vapor most rounds when that thing is running.

I suppose I could be evil and make the engine break horribly and fire meteoract-ing chunks of debris all over the place if the internal pressure goes over a million, maybe. I dunno. I've intentionally been trying to avoid having any failure states that ruin the engine itself. This sure as hell isn't a standard situation for the engine anyways, there are maybe two or three players who've figured out how to reach plasma fusion.

Messages In This Thread