Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discussing the AI & Borgs - And why they suck
Readster Wrote:AI's that kill over one-human laws without being ordered to are stupid. Borgs don't go around killing monkeys normally do they?

AIs don't have a lot of freedom to go nuts, except when these things get installed. Naturally, it's hard to resist being unsubtle and starting to murder people rampantly. Personally I prefer to be subtle when the remaining human isn't endangered. Doesn't get you reset or killed as quickly.

Readster Wrote:Also, I think a good AI only alerts the station to antags who are in the act of harming a person, and doesn't try to lock them down without being given orders. Hell, I think the AI probably shouldn't be doing anything other than speaking unless given an order to. Supercop AI's are the worst way for an antag round to get ruined.

Not doing anything except when explicitly ordered to do so is boring as hell and every bit as anti-fun as an AI who catches a traitor ordering emags two minutes in locking them down and setting security on them.

That aside: Invest in wirecutters and snip cameras if you don't want to be caught engaging in traitorous activities by an AI. It's not that hard, and even if somebody is willing to go fix them it usually takes a fair amount of time. Admittedly it does alert people that something suspicious is going on, but not necessarily what.

Messages In This Thread