Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
hi tell me how to blob please
Offering a third suggestion here-Biopoint generation/attack L2 for your first two points.

This has a lot of merit as a general slugfest opener-you can now punch people hard enough to matter, they can get stunned and eaten, and-this is important-no wait times for charging up an upgrade, you're constantly on the move. It also means you expand faster-Attack L2 lets you smash down doors and windows/grills faster, biopoint generation lets you spread much quicker and put up ribosomes-for faster spreading.

Downside-everything is reactive. Dealing with flamethrowers? Put up fire res membranes. Dealing with fights? Attack, put up thick membranes. It's entirely reliant on how good of an active blob player you are and how aware you are.

Still, those times I've gotten rushed, this has worked wonders-an early smash down and eat and now I have fire res all of a sudden, instead of just getting overwhelmed and dying.

Incidentally, I'm the jerkass mentioned in the opening post, with the pod. That was mostly luck-I RCDed random toxins walls and happened to find the nucleus pretty fast, and it turned out I was correct in that a pod can drive on the combustion chamber(which was hilarious).

Having said that, IIRC I *think* you got called out really fast-a big part of blobbing isn't just picking an area, but looking over how full an area is, in addition to how near it is to a map edge-and try to keep as much blob material as possible between you and possible pods, as blob material is generally the most durable thing, not walls or windows.

(I'm admittedly not sure on the callout point-if I recall that round correctly I was waking up from a sugar coma after setting up a mechanics teleporter to teleport an apparently invulnerable glitch drone to the southwestern asteroid on the map. My rounds are pretty good sometimes. Anyways, I recall waking up to hear BLOB IN TOXINS so I'm like "I have a bowling ball that is actually an RCD, can I find a way in, that's near a map edge"...)

Messages In This Thread
hi tell me how to blob please - by Berrik - 05-23-2017, 09:36 PM
RE: hi tell me how to blob please - by Vitatroll - 05-23-2017, 10:17 PM
RE: hi tell me how to blob please - by medsal15 - 05-24-2017, 03:12 AM
RE: hi tell me how to blob please - by Sov - 05-24-2017, 05:20 AM
RE: hi tell me how to blob please - by Vitatroll - 05-24-2017, 07:35 AM
RE: hi tell me how to blob please - by Mageziya - 05-24-2017, 10:42 AM
RE: hi tell me how to blob please - by SageAcrin - 05-24-2017, 11:22 AM
RE: hi tell me how to blob please - by medsal15 - 05-24-2017, 07:44 PM
RE: hi tell me how to blob please - by Roomba - 05-24-2017, 08:11 PM
RE: hi tell me how to blob please - by Berrik - 05-26-2017, 09:28 PM
RE: hi tell me how to blob please - by Berrik - 06-15-2017, 11:22 AM